Fair game in Austria27 October 2010
IWP&DC provides a preview to the RENEXPO Austria trade fair, to be held 25-27 November in Salzburg, Austria
FROM 25-27 2010, the Trade Fair Center Salzburg will be filled with hydropower companies covering the complete range of the supply chain. After a successful premiere last year, the “Hydro Power Street” will return and offer an excellent forum for exchanging information and presenting the potential applications of hydropower.
Companies such as Ritz-Atro GmbH, Spaans Babcock bv, Danner Maschinenbau GmbH, Hamann Turbinen GmbH & Co. KG Austria, Elektro Bischofer Ges.m.b.H. + Co. KG, Duktus Tiroler Rohrsysteme GmbH, Lukas Anlagenbau GmbH, Walter Schuhmann Mühlen- und Maschinenbau GmbH, Herkules Aquatec GmbH as well as Forbo Siegling Austria GmbH, to name a few, will be presenting themselves at the international trade fair and conference, with European hydro associations present with a special a collaborative exhibition stand.
This year’s trade fair will also feature the new “International Brokerage Event” which will allow business contacts and new synergies to be created in a fast and effective way. As at last year’s trade fair, the exhibitors’ forum will again feature free and informative presentations from exhibitors only.
The premiere of last year’s small hydropower conference was successful with all 100 available spots booked in advance. At this year’s event, REECO Austria GmbH and the european-small-hydropower-association (esha) are presenting the 2nd International Small Hydropower Conference for 200 participants.
Papers to be presented at the event include:
• River hydropower projects along Salzach River by Prof. Dr. Markus Aufleger, University of Innsbruck
• Planning and implementation of a different kind of small hydropower facility on the upper River Danube by Dr. Stephan Heimerl, Fichtner GmbH & Co. KG
• Optimization of water inflow at hydropower plants by Prof. Dr. Gerald Zenz, Technical University of Graz
• Reduction of sediment deposits in the tailwater of hydropower plants by Dr. Josef Schneider, Technical University o Graz
• Post graduate course in sustainable hydropower - 1st phase by Martin Scharsching, EVH AG
• The Austrian National Water Development Plan (NGP) and the new regulation concerning Ecological Quality Goals by Dr. Charlie Panek, ARGE Ökologie OG
• Hydrokinetic turbines without banked-up water level by Dr. Albert Ruprecht, University of Stuttgart IEH
• Screw turbines under examination by Alois Lashofer, Irina Kampl, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna
• The hydropower potential of existing lateral barriers in Austria by Werner Hawle, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna
• Use of multidimensional discharge and sediment transport models in planning hydropower facilities by Dr. Peter Mayr, MAYR & SATTLER OEG
• Revitalization of the weir at hydropower plant Kleinmünchen – Traunwehr by Alfred Mayr, Braun Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
In addition on the first day of the event (25 November 2010), after the official opening ceremony, hydropower in Austria will be put in the spotlight. Companies such as Forbo Siegling Austria GmbH and KLAWA Anlagenbau GmbH, will present their products and projects.
Network partners for the event include Kleinwasserkraft Österreich, Bundesverband Deutscher Wasserkraftwerke e.V., Landesverband Bayerischer Wasserkraftwerke eG, Interessenverband Schweizerischer Kleinkraftwerks Besitzer, Schweizerischer Wasserwirtschaftsverband and the international-centre-for-hydropower.
Further information on the trade fair, the conferences and the accompanying programme is available on: www.renexpo-austria.com.