Six plants with total installed capacity of 6GW are being built in Peru with Brazil’s help.

Reports from the recent inter-governmental meeting stated that the countries envisage construction of more hydro power plants – up to 15GW in 15 plants.

The feasibility studies are examining the possibilities for the additional projects, which would add 9GW in nine projects in addition to those already under construction.

About 20% of the power from the projects would be used domestically by Peru and the other 80% exported to Brazil.