To help celebrate its 20th anniversary the Canadian Hydropower Association (CHA) is introducing four new awards, with nominations now being accepted.
The President’s Individual Contribution Award
This prestigious award will be given to an individual in the hydro industry who has made a significant contribution to Canadian hydropower.
Outstanding Project Award
This award will be given to a company and/or project that demonstrated innovative approaches to projects. Recipient of this award can qualify under the following two criteria:
- Existing or new Canadian hydropower project which demonstrates the most innovative approach to community relations and/or environmental protection measures and/or improvements to plant maintenance and operation and/or plant or public safety; or
- Supplier company who introduces to Canada or develops in Canada the most innovative new product offering or improvement in existing offering (e.g. equipment, software, engineering, environmental service or technique, maintenance or operation service or technique).
Indigenous Relations Excellence
This esteemed award will be given for demonstrated leadership and excellence in working with Indigenous communities on initiatives and/or projects within the hydroelectric sector. Criteria to be considered for this award include, but is not limited to:
- Cultural Awareness and Capacity Building
- Environmental Stewardship
- Partnership Opportunities
- Economic Development
Please note that nominations must include a letter of support from the Indigenous community.
CHA and WiRE Women of Distinction Award
Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE) Women of Distinction Award for hydropower recognizes a woman working in the hydro sector who goes above and beyond business-as-usual, consistently demonstrate outstanding leadership, and have contributed significantly to the expansion and improvement of the power sector. This special award is a WiRE-CHA partnership.
To submit an application for The President’s Award, Outstanding Project or Indigenous Relations Excellence, please provide a written submission to Jennifer Gardiner, [email protected], by September 10, 2018, 5:00 pm EST.
Submissions must be limited to three pages. Please also include photos, if possible. Winners will be notified by October 5, 2018. The award will be given at the CHA hydro forum, November 21/22, 2018 in Ottawa. Award winners will be given free registration to event (but will need to cover travel expenses)
To apply for the CHA/WiRE award, please visit womeninrenewableenergy.ca