Emerson Process Management has announced it ahs developed a comprehensive portfolio of cybersecurity services designed to help its Ovation control system customers in the power industry secure their cyber assets and meet compliance regulations.
"Security has always been top of mind for Emerson, and over the years we've consistently taken a proactive approach to helping our customers address evolving security challenges," said Bob Yeager, president of Emerson Process Management's Power & Water Solutions. "This is not a new area for us: We have offered cybersecurity services to customers for some time now. More recently, as cyber threats continue to grow in frequency and complexity, and as utilities strive to comply with NERC CIP regulations, we've seen a growing need for the types of services we're able to offer."
The new portfolio enables Emerson to better serve customers by helping them address their specific cybersecurity goals, the company said. The services include:
- Cybersecurity Assessments: Annual assessments to identify and inventory plant-wide cyber assets, perform network assessments, expose vulnerabilities and suggest remediation. Performed annually to baseline and help continuously improve security.
- Scheduled Security Services: Routinely scheduled services to deploy patches and antivirus definitions, verify backups, and perform other security-related preventive maintenance activities to help ensure robust system security and health.
- Security Program & Compliance Services: Services to assist in the creation, evaluation and implementation of security and compliance programs. Assists customers in meeting compliance obligations.
- Customized & Fleet Services: Security services customized to meet specific needs at a single location or across an entire fleet. Consultative in nature and designed to meet a customer's unique security needs.
- Incident Response Services: Emergency services to provide root cause analysis, support system rebuilds and perform system hardening after a cyber incident has been suspected or occurred.