As part of the election process, all iha members were encouraged to participate in the 2011 Board Elections, by voting for their 18 preferred candidates to form the new IHA Board for the next two years.
Following the deadline for receiving returned votes, the ballot forms were open, counted, verified and witnessed by the Association’s Auditor. Out of a possible 1262 votes, 1084 were cast.
As a result, the following individuals have been elected to the IHA Board for the period to October 2013:
• Dr Refaat Abdel-Malek
• Mr Roy Adair – CEO, Hydro Tasmania
• Mr Ken Adams - Senior Vice President, Power Supply, Manitoba Hydro
• Mr Colin Clark - Chief Technical Officer, Power and Utilities Group, Brookfield Asset Management Inc
• Mr Jean-Michel Devernay - Deputy Managing Director, edf Hydro Engineering Centre
• Mr Roger Gill - Managing Director & Principal Consultant, Hydro Focus Pty Ltd
• Dr Dominik Godde
• Mr Rasim Khaziakhmetov - Director of Technology Policy, RusHydro
• Mr Chuxue Lin - Vice President, China Three Gorges Project Corporation
• Mr Gil Maranhão Neto - Director of Business Development, International Power GDF SUEZ Energy
• Dr Terry Moss - General Manager, Generation Learning Facility, Eskom Holdings (Pty) Ltd
• Dr Roland Muench - President & CEO, Voith Hydro Holding GmbH & Co. KG
• Mr Mario Lucio Ozelame - Assistant to the Executive Technical Director, Itaipu Binacional
• Mr Israel Phiri - Manager, OPPPI, Ministry of Water and Energy Development, Zambia
• Ms Martine Provost – Manager Government Authorizations, Hydro-Québec
• Ms Karin Seelos – Vice President for International Affairs, Power Generation Division, Statkraft
• Mr Torstein Dale Sjøtveit – CEO, Sarawak Energy Berhad
• Mr A.B.L. Srivastava - Chairman and Managing Director, NHPC Ltd
The first meeting of the new Board will take place in the UK on 20-21 October 2011, where the Board will set the strategy and priorities for the Association for the next two years.