The members of the International Hydropower Association (IHA) have elected the 18 leaders for the 2023-25 term of its Board. The new Board will shape and direct IHA’s work over the next two years under the mission to advance sustainable hydropower globally.
The new Board will begin its mandate at the 2023 World Hydropower Congress in Bali, Indonesia. Candidates competed in six geographical regions, electing a diverse range of hydropower experts with a wealth of experience.
said: “I would like to congratulate all our Board members, especially those elected for the first time. The time is now to establish sustainable hydropower’s critical role in the transition to a renewable energy future,” said IHA Chief Executive Officer Eddie Rich. “While progress is generally falling short of what is needed to achieve net zero in a timely way, a global hydropower renaissance is under way. Seizing on this growing momentum, our new Board will shape and supercharge hydropower’s role in the fight against climate change.”
At its first meeting on 30 October, the Board will appoint a Chair and up to six Vice Chairs. Recently announced President Designate, Malcolm Turnbull will also begin his appointment at the World Hydropower Congress.
The members elected to IHA’s board are:
- Anton-Louis Olivier, CEO- designate, Serengeti Energy
- Lamu Audu, CEO, Mainstream Energy
North and Central America:
- Herbie Johnson, Managing Director, Southern Company
- Lynn St-Laurent, Strategic Communications Advisor, Hydro-Québec
- Gabriel dos Santos Cruz Rocha, Global Hydro Technology Lead, Worley
- Gil Maranhão Neto, Chief Communications and Sustainability Officer, ENGIE
South and Central Asia:
- Sushil Pokharel, CEO, Bizbell Private Limited
East Asia and Pacific:
- Bin YU, Deputy Chief Economist, China Three Gorges Corporation (CTG)
- HE Shengming, Deputy General Manager, Yalong River Hydropower Development Company, Ltd.
- Karen Atkinson, Deputy Chief Operating Officer, SMEC International Pty Ltd
- Sharbini Suhaili, CEO, Sarawak Energy Berhad
- Tammy Chu, Managing Director Entura, Hydro Tasmania
- Emmanuelle Verger, CEO, EDF Hydro
- Frédéric SAUZE, CEO, Andritz Hydro
- Joana Freitas, Executive Board Member, EDP
- Jon Ulrik Haaheim, Senior VP, Statkraft
- Oli Gretar Blondal Sveinsson, Executive Vice President, Landsvirkjun
- Tobias Keitel, CEO, Voith Hydro