The International Hydropower Association (IHA) has announced details of a new initiative to recognise and reward emerging talent in the hydropower sector.
The IHA Young Researcher Award is open to entries for anyone born after 1 January 1985. Up to five shortlisted entrants will have their work published on the IHA website with a full author profile. The winner will receive one year's individual IHA membership and a free registration to the 2015 World Hydropower Congress, taking place at Beijing on 19-21 May 2015.
To enter the competition, all you need to do is submit an article showcasing your research to [email protected] by 31 March 2015. Your article should be:
- Relevant to at least one of the topics under discussion at the 2015 World Hydropower Congress.
- Focused on research that has largely (and demonstrably) taken place since 1 January 2014.
- No more than 1000 words.
- Accompanied (if possible) by any relevant images for publication on the IHA website.
- Written in a way to make your research accessible to a wider audience, who may not be familiar with the subject.
- Accompanied by a picture of yourself and a short biography (no more than 100 words), for use should you be selected to be displayed on the IHA website.
- Accompanied by the following information: your name, date of birth, contact details, and proof of affiliation to a university or other academic institution.
If you would like any more information about the IHA Young Researcher Award, please get in touch with the association via email: [email protected]