The International Hydropower Association has announced its 2015 Hydropower Status Report is now available for download, providing comprehensive insights into new global developments in the sector, statistics on new installed capacity, detailed regional analysis, and more.
The report has been driven by the IHA's hydropower database of the world's hydropower stations and companies, built in collaboration with regulators, ministries and electricity associations, as well as the world's station owners and operators.
The report includes:
- An overview of global trends, highlighting new capacity added in 2014
- Detailed regional analysis of new capacity installations, projects in the pipeline, and policy development
- Maps and data visualisations of deployment, generation, potentials and more
- A selection of country profiles where significant activity is taking place
- Updates on key topics including climate change and the water-energy nexus
- Case studies highlighting hydropower's role in the renewable energy mix
To download the report, click here.