JV to implement Ratle project, India

9 June 2021

Indian power company NHPC has incorporated a joint venture with Jammu & Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Ltd (JKSPDC) to implement the 850MW Ratle hydroelectric project on the River Chenab in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.

The JV will be majority owned by NHPC with 51%, with JKSPDC taking the remaining 49%. 

Ratle will feature a 133m high concrete dam and a main underground powerhouse featuring 4x205MW units. A surface powerhouse near the dam toe will house a further 30MW unit.

Privacy Policy
We have updated our privacy policy. In the latest update it explains what cookies are and how we use them on our site. To learn more about cookies and their benefits, please view our privacy policy. Please be aware that parts of this site will not function correctly if you disable cookies. By continuing to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy unless you have disabled them.