Expected to attract an international audience, the conference, to be held from 18-20 October 2004 in Nanjing, China, will include 150 technical papers on dam engineering and will feature information on seismic aspects of dams.
Organised by the Hohai University in China, the China Society for Hydraulic Engineering and China Society for Hydropower Engineering, the event will feature the following keynote speakers and topics:
• Prof Yukio Aoyagi, CRIEPI - Abiko Research Laboratory, Japan, et al on Limit States Assessment for Earthquake Resistance of Gravity Dams based on Crack Propagation Analysis.
• Prof Heinz Brandl, University of Vienna, Austria on Continuous Compaction Control (CCC) for earth dams.
• Dr Guangjing Cao, China Yangtze Three Gorges Project Development Co. China. Introduction to Three Gorges Project.
• Dr Xingqiang Niu, Changjiang Institute of Survey, Planning, Design & Research, MWR, China. Design and Research of Three Gorges Project’s Arrangement.
• Prof Qingwen Ren, Hohai University, China. Development of Theory and Methods on High Dam Analysis.
• Prof Tadatsugu Tanaka, University of Tokyo, Japan. Dynamic and Pseudo-static failure analyses of Embankment dams.
• Dr Balie Wang, Jianping Zhou and Guanfu Chen, China Hydropower Enggrg Consulting Group, China. Some Recent Innovative Techniques In The Design And Construction Of High Dams In China.
• Prof M Wieland, Electrowatt-Ekono AG, Switzerland . Dam safety aspects of reservoir-triggered seismicity, and Strong Motion Instrumentation in Large Dams
• Mr Renkun Wang , Chengdu Hydroelectric Investigation & Design Institute of SPC. Summarisation of Xiluodu Concrete Arch Dam Design
The Conference registration fee is S$425.00 and includes attendance, a copy of the proceedings, refreshments and lunch during the two days, invitation to the conference dinner and a visit to the Hohai University.
Post-conference study tours to the Three Gorges Dam project including a discussion with the Project Team in Yichang has also been organised. Please contact the Secretariat on the address below for details.
The conference will be followed by the First International Conference on Soil Nailing and Stability of Soil and Rock Engineering, from 21-23 October 2004 at the same venue. This event is organised by the Luoyang Engineering Research Institute.
For further information and to view a list of the accepted papers, please visit the secretariat website by clicking on the link below. Alternatively, contact: CI-Premier PTE Ltd, 150 Orchard Road #07-14, Orchard Plaza, Singapore 238841. Tel: 065 6733-2922. Fax: 065 6235 3530. Email:[email protected]
External weblinksCI-Premier PTE ltd