The Philippines Department of Energy (DOE), through the Renewable Energy Management Bureau (REMB), has launched the 3rd Open and Competitive Selection Process (OCSP3) that will further accelerate the development of renewable energy in the country, including new hydropower projects.
Under the OCSP3, a total of 22 Pre-Determined Areas (PDAs) covering potential geothermal and hydropower resources have been identified and were presented to the various stakeholders during the launch. These PDAs comprising of 17 potential hydro projects and five geothermal projects have a total potential capacity of about 150MW and will be offered to developers deemed qualified based on the criteria set by the DOE.
The last day of submission for bid documents will be 15 February 2021 with the target set for contract awarding for non-Financial and Technical Assistance (FTAA) projects as 14 April 2021 while those covered by the FTAA will be endorsed to the Office of the President for approval by April 19, 2021.
The 17 hydropower projects included in the process are:
- Amian (Plant C) – 0.8MW
- Amian (Plant A) – 3.2MW
- Hilabangan (Upper Cascade) – 4.8MW
- Hilabangan (Lower Cascade) – 3MW
- Maninila (Lower Cascade) – 4.5MW
- Maninila (Upper Cascade) – 3.1MW
- Tibiao – 2.1MW
- Dalanas – 3MW
- Sibalom (Middle Cascade) – 4MW
- Aklan River Lower East Tributary – 3MW
- Aklan River Middle West Tributary – 2.4MW
- Aklan River Upper West Tributary – 2.4MW
- Vera Falls – 0.3MW
- Palali – 0.2MW
- Coyaoyao (Upper Cascade) – 0.2MW
- Dapnan – 1.4MW
- Balintingon – 52MW