Worldwide we are all currently experiencing unsettling times with the emergence of Covid-19. This has had an unprecedented impact on our working and personal lives. At IWP&DC we want to try to bring the industry together and share some positivity and a sense of camaraderie.
In the June issue we’d like to run an article giving your insights into how the working life of the water power and dams industry has changed at the current time. Companies have already issued official statements on the crisis and how they will respond, but we’d like to hear how you are doing.
If you’d like to participate please feel free to share your thoughts and reactions, giving details of how your working life has changed. For example:
- Has your working life changed a great deal?
- Have you had to change travel plans or stay longer in another country?
- Are you working from home?
- Do you still have to work on site?
- Have you had to cancel plans for conferences and important meetings?
- Are you concerned about how such changes will impact a project you are working on?
- Do you have concerns for the future?
- How are you coping?
- Are there positives to the current situation? Or is it becoming a little overwhelming?
- Do you think as an industry there are any lessons we can take away from current events – eg innovative changes in working practices or improved communication?
- Positive mental well-being is an issue we’ve covered before in IWP&DC, how important is it to ensure we try to maintain this during such unsettling times?
- Are there specific things you are currently missing in your working life and cannot wait to return to? Or are there some positive changes that you think will become the norm?
- Do you have any positive or personal anecdotes or advice you’d like to share with others?
Please also feel free to share a photo of yourself - maybe in your current working situation or in the working environment that you are hoping to return to soon.
We would really appreciate your input. If you are interested, please email your responses (up to 500 words) along with a photo (300dpi jpeg, 1MB in size) to [email protected] at your earliest convenience by 11th May 2020. Please ensure that you give the full name and job title of the respondent.